.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Involuntary Blogslaughter

This is a blog by a second-year law student at University of Michigan Law School. This blog is filled with misspeliing, grammar mistakes, cynicism, and bitterness because of the Yale Law rejection.

Name:
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States

Monday, March 28, 2005

Productive Dreaming

I spent the entire night going over my Choice of Law Reading in my dreams. I recalled the facts of the cases I read recently, thought about implications of Erie and whether Van Dusen decision makes sense. I wish all of my dreams where as productive as last night's. I came to the conclusion that Van Dusen and Ferens does make sense under the current constitutional interpretation and the best way to reduce forum shopping is to modify the federal jurisdiction statute to not allow plaintiffs file lawsuits in an inconvenient forum. i.e. "Federal court shall have jusridiction unless another more convenient federal court also has jurisdiction."

The only downside is that I am very sleepy today and probably won't be able to pay attention in class ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home